SilverStone created an excellent extension card product, the EC04-E, which connects to the motherboard via single lane PCI Express 2.0 to support two external and a dual port USB 3.0 connector for maximum compatibility and flexibility. This card is a great add-on for systems that require connections to multiple USB 3.0 devices such as SilverStone’s own USB 3.0 enclosures RVS02 and TS07.
- USB 3.0 with two external standard Type-A ports and one dual port internal connector
- PCI Express 2.0 with single lane (x1) throughput 5Gbit/s
- Supports simultaneous operation of multiple USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 devices
- Adds four total USB 3.0 ports to your system
- Built-in power connector to receive extra power from system power supply
As previously stated the EC04-E will be available from December 3rd at an MRSP of $27.17, for further information check out Silverstone's product page here.